Wednesday, October 3, 2007

The next morning.... Lacy discovered that she must be related to Houdini

Well this morning, I get Lacy out of the kennel. I kind of rig her chain so that I can go to work and deal with a better solution until I get home. I clip the chain to itself, well, I had not gotten back inside the house and answered the phone good until I see Lacy staring at me through the storm door. So I put her back in the kennel until I get home from work, since I will only be gone a few hours. When I got home from work, I decided to tie wrap her chain to the runner until I can run to the store. I used heavy duty industrial tie wraps and double tied it. Next thing I know Lacy is at the door again. I give up and just decide that we will go for a walk. So we did... then we got back I kept her on her lease and just secured it to items on teh porch, it worked ok, but she pulled them all over the place. I realize that it's useless, and I head to get a new chain. In the meantime, she goes back to the kennel. The kennel is now my best friend. So I get the new tie down for Lacy and just kind of let her run with Lacy while I am connecting everything together. She still has the leash on while she is playing with Belle. No biggie. So everything is hooked up, so I call Lacy over and she comes and gives kisses. I realize that she doesn't have the leash, nor does she have the collar. She had been playing in the field, so off I go to find it. Treking through the cudzu. I can't find ti anywhere, finally I do, then I can't find Lacy. I can see she is in a big embankment that is covered, but I don't know what she is doing. That's when I heard a big splash. She is now playing in the creek. Great, so now I have to try and get her out of the creek. It has started to sprinkle a bit and I am already dirty from Belle and Lacy playing with me. I adjust her collar to fit her a little tighter, she keeps running out of it, finally it is perfect. She gets some water from the fauct to settle her down a bit, then we head back to the runner. I get her all hooked up and figure that she will love this lead because she can go 15 feet. I come in side, hear her barking and realize that she has tangled herself. I go outside and untangle her. Fix her chain so that she can't get tangled around the swingset again... I am now by this time not only dirty, I am also covered in mud. It is raining and Belle and Lacy both insist on greeting me with a hug. I come inside to take a shower, I get all clean up and in my nice clean pjs... I hear Lacy bark again, so I look out the kitchen window. All I could do was laugh.... this is what I found.



Lacy had somehow managed to get stuck in the swing. So, as much as I figured I would have to come right back in and take another shower, I just donned my Lacy and Belle cover up (the thing I cover myself with to keep them from getting my clothes dirty)and headed back out into the rain... with ym hair that was almost dry and of course my camera. It was too funny. Anyway, I managed to get her untangled, and still managed to stay clean. Now, she is just chilling and probably planning her next escape!

She is definitely making me rethink the whole kids decision... lol

No comments: